Sunday, February 26, 2023

My Journey with Noom

In October of 2021 I decided to give Noom a try.  I did well for the first few weeks and then, like usual, I lost my motivation and got off track.  Over the next several months I kind of half-assed it, following the program well for a while but then not at all for several weeks, then finally getting back on track, but falling off again, etc. over and over.  My subscription ended in early July`of 2022 and by then I hadn't really been following the program for several weeks.  So I hemmed and hawed for a while, but ultimately decided to give it another go and really make an effort to follow the program and stick with it.  I had an amazing first 3 weeks, following the program to a tee (well, not exactly to a tee--I didn't really stick to my budget for all the color categories but I did stick to my overall daily calorie budget) and losing 10 pounds in just under 3 weeks, then we were off for a 9-day trip to Florida.

Of course I gained a little back on that trip, but I was just getting back on track when I noticed that Noom had doubled charged me for my subscription.  I had signed up with a different email address, because I wanted to start fresh and not pick up where my old subscription ended, but in doing that their system got confused and charged me twice.  When I called them to get a refund on just the second charge, they misunderstood and canceled my account altogether.  So much for all the momentum I had built up.  Again I hemmed and hawed about whether to rejoin, and I decided I would if they would offer me a discount, which they did, so I restarted in October of 2022.  Unfortunately, I have yet to be able to rekindle that fire that I had back in July.  As of right now, I am about 5 pounds more than when I started this last time back in October.

But now I'm fired up to make a fresh start tomorrow (today is Sunday so I'm using the weekend to plan ahead and get motivated and ready).  I will try to blog regularly in an effort to keep myself motivated and accountable (even though that's never worked in the past).

No comments:

Post a Comment