Monday, September 1, 2014

Day 1

Things have gotten out of control.  Since my wedding a little over 8 years ago, I have put on about 40 pounds, give or take, mostly within the last 4 years.  A few years before my wedding I had lost around 30, 35 (depending on the day) and swore I would never be the that weight (my previous starting weight/all-time high) again unless I was pregnant and now I am even heavier by about 6-7 pounds.  I am so disappointed in and disgusted with myself and I really want to get my butt in gear and do something about it.  I have just really struggled the last 4 or so years with losing 3 or 4 pounds and immediately gaining them right back, over and over and over, and then sometimes losing 5-7, or a few times even 9 or 10, but then immediately gaining them right back and often even more (hence the steady climb over the last 4 years).  Like, no matter how many pounds I lose, I manage to gain every last one (and sometimes more) back.  It's one thing to repeatedly gain back 3 or 4, but then to finally lose 7 or 8 or 9 and still gain back all of those, not just 3 or 4 again, is really frustrating.

Anyway, I have decided to start this blog to hopefully motivate me and keep me accountable, although I have tried blogging in the past without much success.

Today is the first day of the month, and the first day of my new commitment to weight loss.  My starting weight is my wedding weight (herein after referred to as "ww") + 40.6.  My goal for this month is to lose at least 4 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment